14 Sep The Metro Session: Technical specifications and some pictures
So, I’m launching today – as promised – my first test (I was testing myself, not the amp 😆 ) with this Metro (George Metropoulos Amplification).
We recorded – my ex-sound Engineer – Chris – and I – in the same place where I had recorded the AC/DC tone video.
Three microphones were used, a condenser Neumann U87 and two dynamic Shure SM57s, one on the front of the cab and one in the back (to capture more bass and the reverb of the room).
The microphones were preamplified and converted into ProTools LE 8.0.4, with which we recorded the whole session.
Circa 16 guitars were used, I really haven’t counted them and I think their actual number is really indifferent.
Camera used for video was a Canon 5D MkII in HD. At times, these kind of cameras – DSLRs – heat up too much and the thing died on me several times. Damn. So I “lost” some video footage. The audio footage though was always captured safely so I’ll post it anyway, in audio format.
This was made as a first experiment, its objective being, to try and re-create that famous Marshall tones that many of us – I for sure – are in love with.
At the end of the session, we also recorded circa 4 guitars with my older Marshall 1987XL reissue head modified by David Bray. So you may be able to draw some conclusions in terms of differences between these two actual heads.
A LOAD of pictures – pictures often speak more than words.